There are many prescription and over-the-counter ways to treat the extreme itchiness of bed bug bites.
- Hydrocortisone creams
- Soothing baths
- Anti-itch powders
- Don’t scratch! (Secondary bacterial infections can come from bites scratched to bleeding.)
Doctors may prescribe steroids or other medications to soothe itchiness, but be aware these will only heal current bites and not prevent future bites.
More in this section:
- Itch relief for bed bug bites
- Bed bug bites are allergic reactions
- What do bed bug bites look like?
- How often do you get bed bug bites?
- Where do you get bed bug bites?