I have been there, and I know what you’re going through. You can beat bedbugs.
In 2004, I had bedbugs in my New York City apartment — and so did all of my neighbors. They took over the whole building, and I wept with my neighbors in the laundry room, as we washed all of our clothes and our bedding and felt all of the stress of the situation we were in. But we did it! We got rid of them!
Know the signs of a bedbug infestation. If you are getting bug bites every day, you might have bedbugs. Read more about what bedbug bites look like to learn more about it.
It is hard to beat bedbugs on your own. On this site, I recommend partnering with a professional pest control technician to solve your bedbug problem. I do not recommend trying to do it on your own. But, even when you do work with an exterminator, you will need to do a lot of work on your own to help seal the deal and be rid of them for good. Follow all of your exterminator’s instructions.
Best of luck to you.
- What are bed bugs?
- How do you know if you have bed bugs?
- All about bed bug bites
- Other physical evidence of bed bugs
- Possible causes of bed bugs
- How to get rid of bed bugs
- Identify a live bed bug
- Exterminators for Bed Bugs
- Your part
- Cooperate with the exterminator to kill bed bugs
- Get rid of the bed bugs that you find
- Laundry: How doing laundry helps kill bed bugs
- Seal cracks in your dwelling to keep bed bugs from coming in
- Furniture and uphosltery: Keep it or throw it away?
- Who pays for extermination?
- What WON’T work: Things to avoid when dealing with bed bugs
- Don’t give up!
- Health concerns
- Coping advice: Stress, anxiety and sleeplessness
- Prevention and awareness of bed bugs
- As Seen on TV